The purpose of a home inspection is to assess the condition of the residence at the time of the inspection using visual observations, simple tools and normal homeowner operational controls; and to report deficiencies of specific systems and components. Inspectors must perform all inspections in compliance with the Standards of Practice set forth by the Washington State Department of Licensing.
A home inspection is not technically exhaustive and does not identify concealed conditions or latent defects.
In other words, a professional home inspection is an impartial, third-party, visual inspector of the property. A home inspector performs a inspection by looking for and identifying signs of problems, defects or needed maintenance in a home. Even though we are doing a visual inspection, there are no substitutes for having good tools. We invest regularly in some of the finest inspection tools available to have at our disposal. We use moisture meters, carbon monoxide detectors, circuit testers, voltage sensors, laser thermometers and other tools to help us evaluate the home.
Home inspectors are generalists. They see a lot of homes and are able to make experienced observations based on other homes of similar age and condition, along with proper training and personal knowledge.
The most important part of a home inspection is helping you make an informed decision, on facts not just your expectations. All homes have problems and all homes require repairs. It is important for you to know how urgent, expensive, unusual or alarming the observations are that were discovered. Paragon Inspection wants you to be sure and comfortable with your buying decision.
The Following Items Are Inspected
ROOF GUTTERS CHIMNEYS SIDING
WINDOWS DECKS PORCHES PATIOS
GARAGES DRAINAGE GROUNDS RETAINING WALLS
INTERIORS KITCHENS APPLIANCES BATHROOMS
PLUMBING ELECTRICAL ATTICS CRAWL SPACES
BASEMENTS STRUCTURE INSULATION HEATING & COOLING
LIST OF SERVICES
- COMPREHENSIVE HOME INSPECTION This is also called a Buyers Inspection, and is is a complete roof to basement detailed inspection. Typically this inspection will take about 2-3 hours to complete. The pricing on this inspection varies based on the size and age of the property. Call us for pricing @360-310-6485.
- TOWNHOMES - This inspection is conducted with the same parameters as a standard home inspection with a complete roof to basement detailed inspection. This type of home will also take about 2-3 hours to complete.
- CONDO The major focus of this inspection is the interior walls, along with all systems and components inside the condominium. The inspector will also do a visible inspection of the exterior to alert the client as to major visible defects which could effect the cost of ownership.
- MOBILE/MANUFACTURED HOME This inspection is also conducted with the same parameters as a standard home inspection, but also takes into account state requirements for placement and securing the home on the site. This type of inspection will also take about 2-3 hours to complete.
- 11th MONTH BUILDERS WARRANTY This type of inspection is performed prior to the expiration of your home warranty, usually at 11 months. It is used to take advantage of the features and benefits of your home warranty, and to assure that necessary repairs guaranteed under your warranty are executed should any damage or problems be discovered. The same detailed inspection is performed, but usually goes a little bit quicker because all the main mechanical components are new.
- PERIODIC MAINTENANCE INSPECTION We understand that a lot of homeowners do not understand continued maintenance, or have the necessary time to perform needed repairs. The importance is to catch items before they become a LARGE expense! This type of inspection should be performed every two years to assure the health of your family and the safety of your real estate investment. This inspection is also conducted with the same parameters as a standard home inspection to give you piece of mind.
- PRE-LISTING/PRE-OFFER VERBAL CONSULTATION Please note that we do not recommend this service unless you are very comfortable with Your responsibility to record and retain the information given by the inspector. The added cost to receive a comprehensive inspection and full written report is of much Greater value for the importance of any transaction of this magnitude. Although this is a comprehensive inspection of all systems and building components, it is not as thorough as a complete inspection. The goal is to recognize and point out noticeable items to address. It can be a useful tool for a seller that may want to upgrade any concerns, or it may be a bargaining tool for a buyer. In any event, this consultation is a set fee inspection that allows for approximately 2 hours of on-site time. This includes 1 1/2 hours of looking, and a 1/2 hour to discuss any findings. If you find that a more detailed inspection is warranted, we offer a discount off a complete inspection.
Following any inspection, our evaluation is then communicated through a detailed inspection report. This report will include descriptions of all the systems in the home, as well as any concerns that you should be aware of. The report is easy to read, which we recommend you do thoroughly, and will include digital photos and appropriate details to help you understand our findings. This will help you prioritize any necessary upgrades or future improvements, and develop a blueprint for your future in the home.
Best of all, our services don't end with the inspection. For as long as you own the home, you can call with any additional questions - at no extra charge!